For Generation 10kW and Less
The MicroFIT Program is designed for smaller or "micro" renewable energy projects generating 10 kW or less. This program is better suited to the home or small business owner. The MicroFIT Program offers fixed pricing to help owners not only recover the cost of their project(s), but also earn a reasonable rate of return on their investment over the term of the contract.
Please complete the online webform to submit a Form E - Pre-microFIT Consultation Application. We will confirm capacity and issue an 'offer to connect' response. (You will be directed to download Form C and Form D at this time). You then contact the Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) to obtain a contract for your proposed project.
Small Business Owner/Applicant
All applicants are required to follow the same process as above, and also submit a single line electrical diagram. The single line electrical diagram will indicate existing Alectra Utilities (formerly Hydro One Brampton Networks Inc.) electrical supply and revenue metering facility(s) as well as the proposed connection of the generation and its' associated revenue metering facility.
Download the Form C - Micro-Generation Connection Application
Download the Form D - MicroFIT Generation Facility Connection Agreement
Complete the online Form E - Pre-MicroFIT Consultation Application
Download the Photovoltaic Cell Array Description
Parallel Metering Configuration
Alectra Utilities provides applicants with standard drawings depicting typical residential metering installations.
Overhead Service Residential MicroFIT Solar Generation (2711)
Underground Service Residential MicroFIT Solar Generation (2712)
Steps to Connect
Please follow the steps below to begin connecting your MicroFIT generation facility to Alectra Utilities' distribution system under the Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) MicroFIT program:
- Review the MicroFIT program information on the Independent Electricity System Operator's website.
- Complete the MicroFIT application on-line on the IESO's website.
- The application will be reviewed by the IESO for eligibility.
- The IESO informs the applicant that their application is eligible and that the next step is for the applicant to submit a connection request to Alectra Utilities.
- Applicant completes the online Form E - Pre-MicroFIT Consultation Application, downloads and completes the Photovoltaic Cell Array Description and submits completed forms to Alectra Utilities. A deposit is not required at this time.
- Alectra Utilities reviews the application and confirms capacity availability to the applicant and to the IESO.
- If capacity is available, Alectra Utilities will return the completed Form E - Pre-MicroFIT Consultation Application along with a conditional offer to connect. At this point, the applicant is directed to download Form C - Micro-Generation Connection Application, and the Form D - MicroFIT Generation Facility Connection Agreement, complete both, and return to Alectra Utilities with the required deposit.
- Applicant proceeds to coordinate the installation with Alectra Utilities and obtains the necessary approvals from the Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) and Alectra Utilities. NOTE: A deposit will be required at this time.
- Applicant and Alectra Utilities complete connection of project.
- Alectra Utilities advises the IESO that the applicant's generation project has been connected to its distribution system.
- The IESO prepares and offers the MicroFIT contract to the applicant.
- The IESO directs Alectra Utilities to start the settlement process.
For more information on the connection of MicroFIT generation into Alectra Utilities' distribution system, please contact us via:
(905) 840-6300 ext.3370 or email: fitmicrofit@HydroOneBrampton.com
All contents © 2017 Alectra Utilities. All rights reserved.