Safety & Environment
Your Emergency Preparedness Plan
A family emergency preparedness plan that is reviewed and regularly updated, can help everyone in your household know what to do before, during, and after and emergency situation occurs.
- Have working battery backed-up smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Know the location of the fire extinguishers, gas valve, electrical panel, water valve, and floor drain in your home.
- Post emergency telephone numbers close to the phone.
- Keep an emergency preparedness kit and store it in an easy-to-access location.
- Know your safe escape routes and practice evacuation procedures with your family.
- Plan a safe exit out of your neighbourhood.
- Choose a meeting place to reunite with family members should you become separated.
- Designate a person to pick up children if you are unable to.
- Notify emergency contacts of your whereabouts.
- Arrange for a place for your pet(s) to stay in case they cannot be with you.
- Locate shelters in your community in case you need them.
- Get to know the risks in your region.
All contents © 2017 Alectra Utilities. All rights reserved.