Stay Safe Around Electricity
Many people take electricity for granted. Since we cannot see it we often forget that it
is everywhere - and dangerous. Please remember the following points on electrical safety and teach your children to be careful
- Keep away from hydro wires that have been brought down by storms or accidents...they may be energized.
- Buy electrical equipment, appliances, tools, etc., that have CSA approved labels.
- Call Hydro before you dig or drive a post.
- When making changes to your home wiring, you must have an inspection by the Electrical Safety Authority (formerly Ontario Hydro Inspection).
- Install Ground Fault Circuit Interruptors (GFCIs) on all bathroom and outdoor outlets.
- Never overload an electrical outlet.
- Never climb inside a transformer station.
- Never poke at a padmount transformer (green boxes on boulevards).
- Never fly a kite near hydro wires.
- Keep ladders and poles away from hydro wires.
- Never climb a hydro tower.
- Never climb trees near hydro wires.
- Never stick anything in an electrical outlet.
This Danger Sign is mounted
on Hydro One Brampton electrical equipment.